stumbling self sufficiency in a small space

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Achievements For The Day 2012
Sun 1-Jan-12
4:04 pm
Michelle from Oregon
Oregon, USA

Councillor
Members
Forum Posts: 1343
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

MOS said:

I have recieved my first christmas card of the year

it may have taken the pretty route

thanks Michele i will put it up ready for the christmas festivities to come okkiss

Didn't that happen last year too? big_laugh

At least last year (I guess I need to say the year before!) I sent them around the first of December and you got it mid-January?

This time I was most definately late, I sent them the monday before Christmas, I figured they would arrive by Valentine's Day!

If you can't be a shining example, be a terrible warning!

Sun 1-Jan-12
5:18 pm
JoannaS
Latvia

Supreme Being
Members
Forum Posts: 4800

Mine arrived by the time we got back on Wednesday 28th Michelle, so I have no idea when it arrived.

Achievements for today was to stay awake past midnight and toast the new year with some home-made marrow rum. Really felt like I wanted to enter the new year with my eyes wide open this year, normally we go to sleep and like Ruthie gets woken up by the fireworks.

Today we have had a lovely winter walk, had a bit of a blitz in the office and made a squichecheers

Sun 1-Jan-12
5:58 pm
danast
Argyll, Scotland

Supreme Being
Members
Forum Posts: 10232

wave Joanna that squiche looks delicious. i_am_hungry   I shall be having a go at making that very soon.  Thank you  big_hug

Old teachers never die, they just lose their class

Sun 1-Jan-12
7:48 pm
Sooliz
Somerset

Supreme Being
Members

New members
Forum Posts: 8084

My achievement today was to struggle out of bed around 11.00 am (eeek I'm normally up with the lark), drink 2 big glasses of water straight down, and manage to negotiate the stairs (clinging onto the banister for dear life) safely big_laugh

learning to love veg…..except celery :-O

Sun 1-Jan-12
8:05 pm
Aly
Normandy France

Supreme Being
Members

New members
Forum Posts: 9516

it was a good night then big_laughmedicinesloe_gin

Trying to enjoy life as it is

http://www.letertregites.com

Sun 1-Jan-12
8:20 pm
Xahha
Suffolk

Supreme Being
Members

New members
Forum Posts: 4231

In answer to the question on Achievements 2011 I just need to scrub some of the grout off the surface- left it a bit to long before wiping off, then I will post a picture (of the mosaic!)

Are we having fun yet? I am!

Sun 1-Jan-12
9:01 pm
Terrier
York

Supreme Being
Members

New members
Forum Posts: 4518

Barbara, just make sure he clears as much soil away as possible, mike completely blunted a new chain saw blade before christmas trying to chop out a stump as low as possible. The soil screws up the blades.

And then we've had a massive willow blow over in the storms earlier this week and a rubbish chainsaw to try and clear the road. My acheivements for the day is probably just actually seeing the day, my hangovers are usually killers, must have been quite sensible last night.

Mon 2-Jan-12
1:46 am
KateUK
uk

Councillor
Members
Forum Posts: 1829

I ate cake.

Kateuk makes things at http://www.etsy.com/shop/finkstuff and sometimes she does this too http://www54paintings.blogspot.com/ and also this http://finkstuff.weebly.com/

Mon 2-Jan-12
2:15 pm
devongarden
Devon, UK

Councillor
Members

New members
Forum Posts: 1294

Janet, he got the stump down low but didn't foul the saw. I should have some lunch and go and help out with the clear up, I suspect, since all the sawing is done and the chainsaw has gone home. 3 seedling yews, one holly, a jar of chutney and one of apple butter and remarkably little money changed hands. smile

Michelle, your card arrived, thanks! I will do spring cards at this rate, since I haven't managed New Year cards any more than Christmas cards this year. How about Equinox cards? big_laugh

Mon 2-Jan-12
3:03 pm
Aly
Normandy France

Supreme Being
Members

New members
Forum Posts: 9516

paid off my credit card!

Trying to enjoy life as it is

http://www.letertregites.com

Mon 2-Jan-12
3:25 pm
paperman
Saxmundham, Suffolk

Councillor
Members

New members
Forum Posts: 1321

Well done Aly, after I did that I cut them up and threw them away and now only use my debit card, so, if I don't have the dosh I don't buy it or do it or whatever. It means I am a lot more responsible about what I do buy and do and probably to some maybe more boring but also I feel 'safer' somehow not being in hoc.

I have reached an age where my train of thought often leaves the station without me...

Mon 2-Jan-12
3:40 pm
devongarden
Devon, UK

Councillor
Members

New members
Forum Posts: 1294

First thing this morning I started a load of laundry so offspring could go home with clean clothes.

The washing machine's achievement was to trip the main electric switch, and leave me with a wet load of washing. monster  It also threw out a very acrid smell. monster  My achievement, with daughter's help, was to wring out the washing and find a way to drape it over the bathtub to dry. smile It didn't need much rinsing since I had forgotten to put in the laundry liquid. doh I did get the machine to pump out the water. Tomorrow's task will be to find out if I can get it repaired at reasonable cost and quickly. Otherwise, thank goodness the sales are still on.

Mon 2-Jan-12
3:45 pm
Xahha
Suffolk

Supreme Being
Members

New members
Forum Posts: 4231

Nice trick from the washing machine- we had one that stuck with the door closed for a week until it could be repaired-luckily it would run a rinse cycle so we did not end up with smelly clothes.

Are we having fun yet? I am!

Mon 2-Jan-12
4:04 pm
paperman
Saxmundham, Suffolk

Councillor
Members

New members
Forum Posts: 1321

Barbara, if you have to buy a new washing machine it would be worth looking at:

http://www.clearance-comet.co.uk/

Which is exactly what it says, Comet's clearance auction site. The stuff has all the usual guarantees etc.. it has probably been used as a showroom model.

I bought a washing machine, a Stoves cooker and an American style fridge freezer all off this site and saved £100's of pounds when I moved into this cottage 18 months ago.

It was all delivered and set up working no problem.

Worth considering...

I have reached an age where my train of thought often leaves the station without me...

Mon 2-Jan-12
4:27 pm
elrohana
North West Leeds, UK

Knowledegable
Members
Forum Posts: 275

devongarden said:

Tomorrow's task will be to find out if I can get it repaired at reasonable cost and quickly. Otherwise, thank goodness the sales are still on.

Give this a go http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/search/find-an-appli.....er.html - my washing machine/dishwasher/tumbledryer repair man came through them and he is blooming marvellous and very reasonable in price

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 767

Currently Online:
36 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

brightspark: 10532

danast: 10232

Aly: 9516

Sooliz: 8084

Hattie: 6920

Ambersparkle: 6698

JoannaS: 4800

Terrier: 4518

eileen54: 4424

Xahha: 4231

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 9

Members: 15967

Moderators: 2

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 6

Forums: 25

Topics: 2271

Newest Members:

ibrushinangl, uthsuzii, larrygordan, ogorgeousprom, ekasemeiesynt, talmesticnich

Moderators: Toffeeapple: 16337, AdminTA: 10

Administrators: fn: 333, Danny: 5516

Copyright © 2006-2012 Cottage Smallholder      Our Privacy Policy      Advertise on Cottage Smallholder