stumbling self sufficiency in a small space

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
New Year's Resolutions for 2010
Sat 5-Dec-09
3:10 am
Michelle from Oregon
Oregon, USA

Councillor
Members
Forum Posts: 1343
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

"Should old acquaintance be forgot, and never brought to mind? Should old acquaintance be forgot, and old lang syne?"

SO, anyone thought about their New Year resolutions for 2010?

My usual resolution for the new year is to NOT make a resolution, therefore having a very good record of keeping my resolution!

But alas, I have turned 40 this year, and to my horror I find myself at 243 lbs. (SHOCK! DISMAY!) So, I think this year I will have to make a resolution, and it will be to loose weight.

Anybody care to join me? And even if you don't, would you like to share your resolution? Maybe if you post it that will help make it stick........?

If you can't be a shining example, be a terrible warning!

Sun 6-Dec-09
12:15 am
KateUK
uk

Councillor
Members
Forum Posts: 1829

I don't make resolutions either...much simpler that way! But yes, the scales shock is, alas, all too familiar. At 55 ( for another couple of weeks) getting shot of the stuff just gets harder, so get stuck in while you are young Michelle! My comfort this year is that at least I didn't put any more ON.

Kateuk makes things at http://www.etsy.com/shop/finkstuff and sometimes she does this too http://www54paintings.blogspot.com/ and also this http://finkstuff.weebly.com/

Sun 6-Dec-09
7:47 am
JoannaS
Latvia

Supreme Being
Members
Forum Posts: 4800

I don't make resolutions either but then again over the winter is a good time to be looking forward to the new growing season and we do have to decide what we are going to do with the piece of land we have, the garden out of the back of our apartment and now another piece of garden because our tenants have moved out (thank goodness this home is not in anothe country but just up the road). Decisions decisions

Sun 6-Dec-09
10:47 am
Toffeeapple
North Bucks

Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 16220

No resolutions for me either other than to try to eat more.  Or at least try to work up an appetite.Frown

I'll try that again!

Mon 7-Dec-09
3:36 pm
mutley
Didcot/uk

Expert
Members
Forum Posts: 890

Working harder to  work less

Stick only to making blackberry & or elderberry wine.

Lose as much weight as possable.A weight to power raito of 1 to 1. (  Car project)

Board up and insolate loft. extra lagging

Doing a portfolio/ my self for a well paid job that i love doing. more like an obsession lol.

Finish kitchen.

Tue 15-Dec-09
10:29 pm
Catrina

1st Grader
Members
Forum Posts: 3

**Spend more time with our grand daughter

1. We have got a special holiday to Italy in May so lose weight slowley with a plan to look good by MayLaugh

2. Lower my cholesterole currently 8.3 and control my fybromyalgia at the moment is is uncontrolled and very painful.

3. Clear our loft and put insulation in its place

4. Sell loft contents on ebay

5. Learn to sell things on ebay!

6. Enjoy next year growing all the things we want to eat in our allotment

I think I could go on and on but this is a short list of things I need to do.

Tue 22-Dec-09
8:35 pm
shelley
Guests

ooh another person with fibro!
At least I am certain i have it but am yet undiagnosed!
I take painkillers every day - last winter was truly horrendous with days so painful i couldnt be touched. This winter is generally ok, but pain is currently increasing.
I would like to lose weight this next year and perhaps get to the bottom of the pain; the second being perhaps more important as my doc is increasingly reluctant to prescribe the pain relief
I do hope you bring yours under control

Tue 22-Dec-09
10:37 pm
Danny
Scarborough, England
Admin
Forum Posts: 5516

Hello, Catrina, and welcome to the forum. Thank you very much for joining in. Sorry to hear about your fybro (and Shelley too).

One thing I do know about is selling on eBay. It is fun, but it helps to know some basic presentation tricks (like tell a brief story about your item - personal interest works in magazines and works equally well on eBay).

Mutley - I am really curious about that: "a well paid job that i love doing" - I bet it involves motors or electric. Yes?

I know that New Year resolutions can be a graveyard for best intentions. But my #1 is to learn basic French. I felt such an idiot in a taxi in Paris last week when I could not explain to the driver where we wanted to go. Neither could my two colleagues and they had been taught French at school years ago. I was taught Spanish and Latin!

#2 = the common theme. Shed a few pounds (or even kilos) by St Patrick's Day, March 17.

That's all. Any more than that and I know I would be doomed to failure.

Never knowingly underfed

Tue 22-Dec-09
10:47 pm
Catrina

1st Grader
Members
Forum Posts: 3

Thank you Danny for your welcome.  I do like the site it seems really easy to use. excpt not sure why you have to do a math test before you can post? If you are unable to do easy math then it will stop them from joining the forum.  (I know the math is easy but some people cant even add up easy)Frown

Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to everyone.

Tue 22-Dec-09
11:09 pm
Danny
Scarborough, England
Admin
Forum Posts: 5516

Many Happy Returns to you and yours, Catrina.

Good point about the "maths test". I agree that once you have signed in, then no further tests should be required.

I will ask the forum software authors to change that if they can.

Never knowingly underfed

Wed 23-Dec-09
11:07 am
Toffeeapple
North Bucks

Members

Moderators

Hi Catrina, nice to meet you.  I agree about the maths too, I am such a dunce!

I'll try that again!

Wed 23-Dec-09
2:18 pm
shelley
Guests

If you need a place to practice your French Danny then feel free to ask me any questions!

Wed 23-Dec-09
4:50 pm
mutley
Didcot/uk

Expert
Members

Toffeeapple said:Hi Catrina, nice to meet you.  I agree about the maths too, I am such a dunce!

I do love maths it's order and chaos at the same time .

Danny yes it is about engines do love them just like a simple piston out your 2.0 ford say there not circlur but oval and also tapered. theres is about 2.5 tons psi  of presure on the piston crown and about 25 tones on a F1 car thay are amaizing  love it all.

Without spaming. if intrested take a look at my bb.s if you havent yet. she will be a F1 type car but ally body.Pint

Thu 24-Dec-09
11:15 am
Toffeeapple
North Bucks

Members

Moderators

Oh there you are Mutley, thought you'd gone off and left us!  Good to see you again.

I'll try that again!

Thu 24-Dec-09
5:10 pm
mutley
Didcot/uk

Expert
Members

Toffeeapple said:Oh there you are Mutley, thought you'd gone off and left us!  Good to see you again.

hi thanks for the thought i do go missing no and then . happy xmas love nig & jade

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 509

Currently Online:
19 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

brightspark: 10485

danast: 10232

Aly: 9421

Sooliz: 7981

Hattie: 6920

Ambersparkle: 6665

JoannaS: 4800

Terrier: 4518

eileen54: 4396

Xahha: 4231

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 9

Members: 15381

Moderators: 2

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 6

Forums: 25

Topics: 2246

Newest Members:

CoreyHinge, Niki1Kevete, vincymol, DaryaLoUp, johnnyPAM, engladVah

Moderators: Toffeeapple: 16220, AdminTA: 10

Administrators: fn: 321, Danny: 5516

Copyright © 2006-2012 Cottage Smallholder      Our Privacy Policy      Advertise on Cottage Smallholder