stumbling self sufficiency in a small space

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Achievements For The Day 2012
Wed 4-Jan-12
2:59 pm
Hattie
Bucks/Oxon Border

Supreme Being
Members

New members
Forum Posts: 6920
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Val, so sorry to hear your news....things like that are rotten. You will just have to find gentle activities until you recover.

Lots of virtual hugs to you........ big_hug  big_hug  big_hug  big_hug  big_hug

"The beautiful is as useful as the useful...perhaps more so."

from Les Miserables

Wed 4-Jan-12
3:42 pm
danast
Argyll, Scotland

Supreme Being
Members
Forum Posts: 10232

wave  Oh Val poor you. big_hug  It sounds as if you got quite a fright.  I'm sure your son in  law will be a very sorry man and will be upset about it too.  Do take care of yourself and get Hubby to help as much as you can.  I know you will be frustrated by it all, but have patience my dear and be good.  Only then will it heal.

I too send you virtual harmless hugs   big_hug     big_hug      big_hug

Old teachers never die, they just lose their class

Wed 4-Jan-12
3:48 pm
devongarden
Devon, UK

Councillor
Members

New members
Forum Posts: 1294

Sooliz said:

Ooh Barbara, I'm having the pneumonia jab too, on Thursday morning (must have had your appointment big_laugh) - along with yet more blood tests....my arms will be bloodless at this rate ponder

Just had it done--15 minutes door to door, walking there, waiting to let receptionist know I was there, got book out of bag, tried to find place since bookmark had fallen out, got it done, chatted to someone I know on way out, and walked home. Arm aches a bit, I hope that doesn't last too long. Not that I intend to do much heavy lifting, from choice, not necessity like Val eeek, since I finally have the house to myself! 

Sue, I had a blood test last week to go with the x-rays of tomorrow. I hope your blood-letter is as good as the one I had then, no bruising at all. wink

Wed 4-Jan-12
4:15 pm
danast
Argyll, Scotland

Supreme Being
Members

wave  Hugs to Barbara and Sue. big_hug      big_hug      ( not too tight I hope.  big_laugh )

Today again I have achieved very little other than try to keep warm.  The cable is still down in the grounds therefore still no heating or appliances working.  Tonight I will take more than one hottie to bed in the hope I can get to sleep.  I think because we actually do have some degree of power we are not a priority, which is understandable.

I did try to go and pack up some stuff in the bedrooms, but it was just too cold and even with my indoor fingerless mittens, I could not work well..  At least now my hands can be warm and I am able to do things inside and out ( thick for outside, thinner for inside ) thanks to kind people on the Forum. big_hug  Part of my right hand is permanently cold now, so the mittens help a lot.

Wed 4-Jan-12
4:16 pm
Sooliz
Somerset

Supreme Being
Members

New members
Forum Posts: 8084

Barbara, I bruise really easily - whenever I have blood tests (which has been a lot lately ponder) my arms look like I've been battered or restrained for about 10 days after - I tell everyone it's my wicked husband whistlebig_laughbig_laugh

learning to love veg…..except celery :-O

Wed 4-Jan-12
4:35 pm
devongarden
Devon, UK

Councillor
Members

New members
Forum Posts: 1294

Sue, I usually have bruises from blood tests but last week I didn't, she was very good at it. But my arm aches from the jab this afternoon. And repair man for washing machine hasn't shown up. I know the house is hard to find, but he already knew where it is from some previous owner. monster And I will have to go out and shut neighbor's gates later, since I arranged from him to park there. monster

I think a quiet evening with some sloe gin (or maybe the 2year old raspberry gin which is wonderful) is indicated.

Wed 4-Jan-12
4:40 pm
Sooliz
Somerset

Supreme Being
Members

New members

Definitely, Barbara, you need a bit of pampering! big_hug

Wed 4-Jan-12
5:01 pm
danast
Argyll, Scotland

Supreme Being
Members

wave  You both do. big_hug

Wed 4-Jan-12
5:19 pm
Sooliz
Somerset

Supreme Being
Members

New members

Bless you Danuta, thank you.  Group hugs big_hugbig_hugbig_hug

Wed 4-Jan-12
5:23 pm
ep
Bulgaria

Supreme Being
Members

New members
Forum Posts: 3967

Sooliz said:

- I tell everyone it's my wicked husband whistlebig_laughbig_laugh

Is that wishful thinking on your part....whistlewhistle...big_laughbig_laugh

Who lives long sees much : The diary of my life in Bulgaria

Wed 4-Jan-12
6:11 pm
JoannaS
Latvia

Supreme Being
Members
Forum Posts: 4800

bobquail said:

Today's achievement: I had my first day in work today. One slight problem: my new boss doesn't get back until Friday, and nobody else there knew what I was supposed to be doing!

At least I've sorted out the paperwork, got my ID card and email account, and I've been given a pile of things to read to familiarise myself with the new job.

Glad to hear you started okay, hopefully next week you will know what you are going to docheers

brightspark said:

Not sure if this is regarded as an achievement - but I visited the doctor's surgery today, and discovered the severe chest pain was NOT heart-related.

Oh well, that's my New Year started well, then! smile

brightsparklystuff

Well here's hoping it gets better from now on. Gentle big_hug

Well I think I got Google Earth to do what I wanted it to do, had to make a shape I had drawn on it hover about 15m above ground to make it show up - strange how these things work. Made some pumpkin biscuits and pumpkin cake and shortly I shall be off to get ready for tomorrow for my trip to the big Smoke.eeek

Wed 4-Jan-12
6:36 pm
Aly
Normandy France

Supreme Being
Members

New members
Forum Posts: 9516

Usual busy Wednesday
Came home to a battle with HMRC, have been trying to do self assessment for months, they said I needed a new number thingy and they would post it. It has not arrived. Called today and mentioned again if it was sent 2nd class it would be stuck in Amsterdam for weeks to be told all post goes 2nd class and there is nothing they can do. Says I, what if there is a problem with the new number once it gets here? I am running out of time due to your deadline, jobs worth says, not my problem. Found another number and a helpful chap who told me I can have it sent to a UK address, nominated daughter,have to call again Friday to activate it . I do not pay any tax in the UK as I have a miniature pension and a small income from renting out our house

Trying to enjoy life as it is

http://www.letertregites.com

Wed 4-Jan-12
6:37 pm
kayerunrig
lincolnshire

Expert
Members

New members
Forum Posts: 642

awwww...my OH is on the cant lift more than 2lb regime , though if he was offered a 2lb steak i think he would try to drag it home ...lol...On a positive note , sticking to the 5 a day competition plan has payed of big time with something i can actually use for a change, Delia Online have sent me a huge Creuset jam pan and poacher pan , plus ive a stainless roaster to follow ...that may be my quota for the year but im well pleased with it !!

Wed 4-Jan-12
6:49 pm
danast
Argyll, Scotland

Supreme Being
Members

wave  Good for you Kaye.  Well done. welldone   They are wonderful prizes.  What did you have to do to win?

Wed 4-Jan-12
6:50 pm
Aly
Normandy France

Supreme Being
Members

New members
Forum Posts: 9516

Ooh lucky you, a lot more than 2lb to lift a le crust pan

Trying to enjoy life as it is

http://www.letertregites.com

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 767

Currently Online:
31 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

brightspark: 10532

danast: 10232

Aly: 9516

Sooliz: 8084

Hattie: 6920

Ambersparkle: 6698

JoannaS: 4800

Terrier: 4518

eileen54: 4424

Xahha: 4231

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 10

Members: 15880

Moderators: 2

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 6

Forums: 25

Topics: 2271

Newest Members:

Kyle Edwards, Mrs_ff, Garcerir, Artur77

Moderators: Toffeeapple: 16337, AdminTA: 10

Administrators: fn: 333, Danny: 5516

Copyright © 2006-2012 Cottage Smallholder      Our Privacy Policy      Advertise on Cottage Smallholder