Achievements For The Day 2013 | Page 6 | On the sun-lounger | Forum

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Achievements For The Day 2013
Fri 11-Jan-13
3:48 pm
Hattie
Bucks/Oxon Border

Supreme Being
Members

New members
Forum Posts: 6920
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

wave Good luck, Rae, I hope it all works out for you. It's great to see you back on the forum.... cheers

"The beautiful is as useful as the useful...perhaps more so."

from Les Miserables

Sun 13-Jan-13
7:03 pm
JoannaS
Latvia

Supreme Being
Members
Forum Posts: 4800

Yeah all the best from me too Rae.

I actually got my skis out today, made myself a little track and skied in two sessions, one a half hour and the other 3/4 hour. It was a beautiful day and the sun was out. It was only -15C this morning in the car, not sure how high the temperature actually got to thoughcool

Sun 13-Jan-13
8:30 pm
Rae Mond
Waalre, NL

Councillor
Members
Forum Posts: 1079

skiing sounds awesome  JO 😀

And thanks for the good wishes folks. I guess we'll see what happens on monday.

Today I haven't achieved much at all, but I feel well rested and almost ready to get up at silly o'clock in the morning.

Intolerance will not be tolerated.

Sun 13-Jan-13
10:34 pm
brightspark
Wilts

Supreme Being
Members
Forum Posts: 10534

Good luck, Rae, big_hug .

Women are like tea bags. . .
you never know how strong they are
until they're in hot water.
- Eleanor Roosevelt -
Sun 13-Jan-13
10:58 pm
danast
Argyll, Scotland

Supreme Being
Members
Forum Posts: 10232

wave Good luck from me too, Rae   big_hug

Old teachers never die, they just lose their class

Mon 14-Jan-13
3:11 pm
irist
Cornwall UK

Expert
Members

New members
Forum Posts: 730

I'm feeling very pleased with myself.  My husband bought me a laptop for Christmas and it came with both Norton and McAfee already installed - free 30 day trials both.  I have had problems with McAfee in the past - it slowed my PC down to less than a snail's pace - so didn't want that happening again.  Nor did I want to pay for Norton.  I am finding my way around Windows 8 reasonably well now so decided today was the day to tackle uninstalling the unwanted software.  Windows 8 has inbuilt Windows Defender (both virus protection and firewall) on which I want to rely in future.  It should have been easy to just turn on Defender but no such thing.  It's taken me practically all morning to sort out how to totally remove Norton and McAfee to enable me to turn on Defender.  However, after giving my brain a rest over lunchtime, I came back and miraculously I've managed it!  I'm not in the least bit computer savvy but I don't like being defeated by technology.

PS also used the dreaded sat nav last Friday to find our way to an out of the way company to make a purchase.  The location was hidden down a Cornish country lane but we made it.  Why we couldn't find a larger store on a main road in Plymouth recently is beyond me.

Mon 14-Jan-13
3:40 pm
Hannah
Suffolk

Supreme Being
Members

New members
Forum Posts: 4231

Good achievement with McAfee and Norton- they don't like being removed as the companies want you to keep them and pay the fees. Had them on a laptop a few years back and I had a struggle to get all traces off mine as well.

Today I bit the bullet and brought all my garden table/bench slats indoors and have had a blitz on the recoating of them all- they were inside drying out already most of them, but everythings in now. Almost finished double coating them with stain/preserver in the cloakroom/front hallway- its the only place with a tiled floor- laid plastic sheet on top of the tiles as well and just one coat to go on each piece- should be done and dry by the end of the day.

Are we having fun yet? I am!

Mon 14-Jan-13
3:40 pm
Michelle from Oregon
Oregon, USA

Councillor
Members
Forum Posts: 1343

Todays achievement has been achieved before the day has begun...

Today is Dan's first day BACK TO WORK!!!!! HURRAY!!!!!!

magic champagne medicine cheers pint  wine welldone 

If you can't be a shining example, be a terrible warning!

Mon 14-Jan-13
3:52 pm
Hattie
Bucks/Oxon Border

Supreme Being
Members

New members
Forum Posts: 6920

Oooh, wish him good luck from me, Michelle !  wave I hope it all goes really well.  You both deserve it after last year's trials & tribulations. big_hug big_hug

"The beautiful is as useful as the useful...perhaps more so."

from Les Miserables

Mon 14-Jan-13
6:17 pm
danast
Argyll, Scotland

Supreme Being
Members
Forum Posts: 10232

wave  Good luck Dan.  Hope it all goes well!      big_hug   big_hug   big_hug

Old teachers never die, they just lose their class

Mon 14-Jan-13
6:42 pm
JoannaS
Latvia

Supreme Being
Members

Skiing is awesome indeed Rae. If I had downhill skis too I could do both as we have a ski hill, but for now I will just do the cross country skiing, or at least attempt to.

Today is the monthly miseries and it is bad this time roll_eyes I suppose the skiing didn't help doh I did get some work done on a baby sleeping bag for my daughter's baby. I also waited in for a microwave that didn't turn up aargh and other than that I vegged out. I did get some lovely news though, no my son's baby did not arrive, but a young friend of ours decided to come and visit this weekend, as she wants a chat. She's only 17, but she's lovely and we have some great chats.cheers

Mon 14-Jan-13
9:45 pm
eileen54
Somerset

Supreme Being
Members

New members
Forum Posts: 4424

irist said:

My husband bought me a laptop for Christmas and it came with both Norton and McAfee already installed – free 30 day trials both.  

I use AVG free edition antivirus software

Never give up Tomorrow is another day.

Mon 14-Jan-13
10:26 pm
irist
Cornwall UK

Expert
Members

New members
Forum Posts: 730

Hi Eileen - I have used AVG in the past but this new fangled Windows Defender included in Windows 8 won't work as far as I can determine if you have any other virus or firewall software installed on your computer.  I had downloaded the free Comodo firewall and I had to uninstall it to make Windows Defender work.  aargh.

Mon 14-Jan-13
10:59 pm
Terrier
York

Supreme Being
Members

New members
Forum Posts: 4518

Congratulations Dan, on your first day back at work...I must have missed the update somewhere, but well done, hope you've enjoyed it.

We've been over in Lancaster and Bentham today and have been to the registrar, got the funeral booked for next Wednesday with all the additional bits (flowers, funeral tea, crematorium etc) and met the vicar, so a productive day. Mike is doing fine with it all and as usual his brother is being a complete ar.. and not wanting to take on anything.

Dave is due back from Australia and Thailand on Wednesday so I need to get my sewing room, oops, I mean his bedroom, tidied up. Thanks for all your hugs & wishes, I've passed them on to Mike.

Tue 15-Jan-13
6:35 pm
JoannaS
Latvia

Supreme Being
Members

Hope all goes as well and as smoothly as it can do Janet.

I finally got my new combination microwave today. Not sure what happened, it was supposed to have been delivered by courier yesterday, today an oldish couple turned up at the door with it. It would seem my phone call this morning did the trick, it arrived within two hours of the call.

I have also been hand basting fleece squares to some backing material ready for sewing with my machine. It is looking a bit dark for a baby sleeping bag, must jazz it up somehow, without making it too uncomfortable to sleep in cheers

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 767

Currently Online:
13 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

brightspark: 10534

danast: 10232

Aly: 9516

Sooliz: 8084

Hattie: 6920

Ambersparkle: 6699

JoannaS: 4800

Terrier: 4518

eileen54: 4424

Hannah: 4231

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 10

Members: 16162

Moderators: 2

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 6

Forums: 25

Topics: 2272

Newest Members:

datafastproxiespx01, IrinaSepsy, MariyaGrona, ThomasNaw, ScottTyhor, NetworthRCM

Moderators: Toffeeapple: 16337, AdminTA: 10

Administrators: fn: 333, Danny: 5516