I am doing a college project where I have to do a business plan about an idea and I'm doing mine on establishing a smallholder only estate agents. I'm hoping you lot will be kind enough to answer a few questions below. Many thanks.
On a scale of 1-5 with 1 being strongly agree, 5 being strongly disagree how would you rate the following statements.
1) I would love to farm a smallholding but I just can’t afford to get started.
2) The cost of either renting or buying a smallholding is much too high.
3) The government should relax planning laws for people who wish to run a smallholding.
4) Given the opportunity I would rent a smallholding in my local area.
5) If it was cheap enough I would rent a smallholding for the long term and consider raising a family there.
6) With the correct guidance I would be confident of running a small holding and becoming, at least partially, self sufficient.
Also please give your thoughts to the questions below,
7) How much would you feel is a reasonable amount to pay per month to rent a 4 acre small holding?
8) Would you be happy that your landlord made bi-annual checks to ensure you were farming the smallholding?
9) Apart from cheaper rents what would you look for in a smallholding estate agents?
Thanks very much for your time.
I'm afraid I have to agree with Sue about this being a niche market. We have just had our smallholding (now deregistered) valued by two local agents. We deliberately chose one agent who deals mainly in residential property (from mansions, country and seaside properties down to 1 bed apartment lets) and another who deals mainly in houses with land, farms and auctions. It turns out both are linked to a nationwide chain of agents. The residential agent has offices in our nearest town in Cornwall but they contacted their offices in Exeter as all their houses with land are dealt with there. There does not appear to be enough business in these economically stretched times to keep small, specialist agencies open.
Sorry if this is not the answer you wanted. It's just my particular view.
Most Users Ever Online: 767
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 11
Newest Members:EdwardDum, Suzanneclics, Brianalile, JamesSlops, RickySek, Bonsmut
Moderators: Toffeeapple: 16337, AdminTA: 10, Fiona Nevile: 0
Administrators: Danny: 5517