I have been making plum jam all morning - just got to setting point and realised the thermometer had slipped to the bottom of the pan and cracked, just a little bit of the bulb had come off, liquid still intact!!
My question is can I save it in any way??? Can I put it through a muslin and make a jelly, or will the glass go through???
Anita x x
Sorry Anita - if it was me, I'd throw it.
Shame with all that effort, but if the thermometer had mercury (very poisonous) in it - not sure, some have alcohol - then it is not worth the risk.
The other thing is that now the jam has reached setting point, it is unlikely you'll get anything much through the jelly bag anyway.
Most Users Ever Online: 767
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 11
Newest Members:EdwardDum, Suzanneclics, Brianalile, JamesSlops, RickySek, Bonsmut
Moderators: Toffeeapple: 16337, AdminTA: 10, Fiona Nevile: 0
Administrators: Danny: 5517