Best recipes for leftovers: St Clements chicken, Romano pepper and rice noodle stir fryPosted by Fiona Nevile in Chicken, Leftovers | 1 comment
This was really quick and easy to make and quite delicious. Packed with lots of subtle, summery flavours, the sweet Romano peppers balancing the citrus hints of the chicken.
St Clements chicken, Romano pepper and rice noodle stir fry recipe (for 2)
- I large handful of cooked diced St Clement’s chicken
- 100 ml of left over gravy (from the St Clement’s chicken)
- 1 large Romano pepper (deseeded and chopped)
- 2 continental spring onions (sliced)
- Rice noodles for two
- 1 tsp of chopped lemon grass
- 1 tsp of chilli sherry
- Half a tsp of Lea and Perrins
- 1 tsp of light soy sauce
- 1 large pinch of saffron
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of water
- Lashings of freshly ground black pepper
- Greek bail leaves to garnish
- Gently fry the chopped Romano pepper in a wok until soft.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients apart from the rice noodles, chicken and sliced spring onions.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- After a minute of so, when the sauce is simmering add the chicken, Spring onions and toss in the rice noodles. Stir everything together over a medium heat, put on the lid and remove the wok to a warm place for a few minutes whilst the chicken warms through. Serve with a garnish of Greek basil leaves.
Leave a reply